OSRS FAQ. (For New Players)

jomoOSRS

Question

Want to try out OSRS? Have some questions? 

Here's a friendly FAQ about Old School RuneScape tailored for new players:

**What is Old School RuneScape (OSRS)?**
Old School RuneScape is a version of the popular MMORPG RuneScape as it was in 2007, known for its nostalgic gameplay and community-driven updates.

**How do I start playing OSRS?**
You can start playing OSRS by creating a free account on the official RuneScape website and downloading the game client. Once you've logged in, you'll enter the world of Gielinor and can begin your adventure.

**What should I do first in OSRS?**
Begin by completing Tutorial Island, a guided introduction to the game's mechanics and basic skills. Afterward, explore nearby areas like Lumbridge and Varrock to start gathering resources and completing early quests.

**How do I make money in OSRS as a new player?**
There are several ways! You can start by collecting items like cowhides, fishing shrimp, or mining ores, then selling them on the Grand Exchange (GE). Completing low-level quests also rewards gold and items.

**What are quests, and why should I do them?**
Quests are adventures that offer rewards like experience points, unique items, and access to new areas. They provide a structured way to explore the game world and progress your character.

**How can I level up my skills?**
Skills like Woodcutting, Fishing, and Combat can be trained by performing related actions repeatedly. For example, chop trees to raise Woodcutting or fish to raise Fishing. Each skill has its benefits and uses in the game.

**What is the Grand Exchange (GE)?**
The Grand Exchange is a marketplace where players buy and sell items with each other. You can use it to purchase equipment, materials for skills, or items needed for quests.

**How do I avoid danger in OSRS?**
Stay aware of your surroundings, especially in dangerous areas like the Wilderness. Avoid engaging in risky activities alone and be cautious of other players who may attack you (known as PKing).

**Where can I find help if I'm stuck?**
You can find help on the OSRS Wiki, a community-run resource with guides and information on quests, skills, items, and more. You can also ask for advice from other players in-game or on forums like Reddit.

**Is OSRS free to play?**
Yes, OSRS has a free-to-play (F2P) version that includes many activities and quests. There's also a members-only (P2P) version with additional content, skills, and quests available through a subscription.

These answers should help you get started and navigate your way through the early stages of Old School RuneScape!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet